Moab, UT May 30-Jun 1

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
Just thought I would see if anyone here would be interested in a trip to Moab, Ut for some serious offroad action.

The other forum I frequent explorerforum.com is having their annual Moab run May 30-Jun1.

I went last year and had a blast, there were only 2 ST's myself and Becker CO. Also you dont need a heavily modified rig either, there was about 4-5 stock height 4x4 explorers last year.

I am planning on leaving STL on Wed so I can make Moab by Friday to hit some trails.

Chad

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in salt lake and would love to go but my lack of a locker kind of has me hesitant, plus ive only got 265/75/16s. I will definitely have to do some smooth talking with the wife to get to go.

I was in Moab summer before last on vacation. We flew into Salt Lake to visit my sister then rented a Grand Cherokee and drove south to see all the national parks. We spent about a day and a half in Moab on our way back north and only got to try a couple of trails. Didn't want to hurt the rental AWD Heep too badly but we still had fun. Lack of low range limited where we could go...:D:blink:

Lots of places in the Moab area rent Wranglers if you don't want to or can't take your own rig.

Chase, like Chad said you could go almost stock and be fine. I have gone on this wheeling trip the last 2 years and I'll be there again this May, you are almost identically set up as I am; TT and Shackles with 32" tires. I have a 1/2 operational L/S in the rear but I am not locked either. It's a real blast with trails for almost any type of rig.

All I have is 32x11.50x15 tires, 1.5" TT and Shackles, and rock sliders. Before last years trip I got a gas tank skid plate (even though I ran the year before with out one) and it hasn't had a scrape put on it.

Plus camping in Moab is really affordable. Here is a link for the ExplorerForum Run for info.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199874

Latest posts