Mitsubishi L200 - Wierd lookin' truck

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Langel

Reaction score
I was searching the net and found this photo... pretty different looking...

Why does America get the lame looking trucks?

[Broken External Image]:

thats the japan version. in the new mini truckin' that i just picked up last night, theres a photo of one that is black and has wheels on it already. looks like to me, they just stole the front end off of bmw and glued it on there. and the bed looks like they stole a ST bed and duct taped it to it.

Actually, that's an English license plate.

Grump...I know you are from England, but the logo looks like a vehicle from the EU. That would not be English since they are not part of the EU.

Thinking back, every car in Germany I saw from England had yellow plates.

Tom

Right and wrong Tom. England is part of the EU, they jusp opted out of the Euro conversion, and the plates are white on the front and yellow on the back of the car. They started using these plates about 7 or 8 years back. Still white in front, yellow in back.

Also, it's a right hand drive, so no other Euro country fits (anymore).

grump

edit - found a British site that says the EU plate is optional, as of 1 Sep 2001.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get EU style plates in England. Has the same visual look as the rest of the EU plates, but retaining the British style of plate numbering.