Message Center

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
I hope this isn't a sign of bad things to come, but the message center display on my '07 Sport Trac has been randomly displaying error messages the past few days. Most I am sure are not true- such as "Low Windshield Wash Fluid" because it is topped off.

Nothing repeatable-- various messages come up for just a few seconds and sometimes a chime with them, but they go away by themselves in just a few seconds.

Anyone else have this?

I saw 26 this morning! Of course I just filled up and reset it and was practically coasting down a gradual slope... However, even after driving 35mi to work with stop lights and some traffic it still said 21.5. And I got to listen to the V8 rumble through the Magnaflow! :D

What am I doing wrong. Best I get is 18.9 mpg, V8. Are you guys doing a total reset and looking at short term fuel mileage???

Ken, make sure you don't have your right foot buried in the floor. But seriously, it takes smooth consistent driving that keeps the revs down and avoid last minute breaking (coast to traffic lights). My overall is about 19 with mixed driving, but I can get 21+mpg all day long cruising on the interstate @ 70mph.

Latest posts