Measurement between gas and brake pedals

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Miller

Reaction score
I owned a 2004 Sport Trac prior to my current 2005. I have noticed that while driving my currrent (2005 Sport Trac), I am having problems with the pedals.

I believe that the distance between the pedals (accelerator and brake) is shorter between my 2005 than my 2004 Sport Trac. This problem has caused me numerous times to push on both pedals while my intention is only to apply the brakes. It is more pronounced the farther down I push on the brake pedal. A litttle scarey when sitting in traffic and the truck starts to creep forward.

If someone has a 2004 Sport Trac, would you measure the distance on center between the two pedals and let me know what it is. Thank you. :eek:

It might be that they modified/fixed the sloppy throttle cable with a zip tie or two. It moves the gas pedal forward more and makes it easier to hit the brake at the same time as the gas. I "fixed" mine and for a week or so noticed that but it's no longer a problem.

Latest posts