Measurement after TT

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Dedrick

Reaction score
I was wondering what other people got for a measurement after doing a TT...I know your not suppose to go over 2" for 4wd but if I max out the Torsion key im only getting a height from ground to fender of 35" on the Drivers side which is about an inch lower than the back after shackles installed...also was does everyone have for stock front measurement from ground to fender for 4wd trucks...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go over the 2 inches of lift and then the suspension travels out on the lee side of a bump it WILL break your CV axle like a twig!! (Happened to me after I went through a moguls type trail.) Also when I dialed the twist down a bit and ran just over the 2" mark my axles wore out just driving to work and back on the highway. The truck started making airplane propeller sounds then the axle locked and snapped at the outter joint.

Be careful, it's not worth going over the limit. All you gain is a big pit to throw 100 dollar bills in :grin:

Last edited by a moderator: