Mark This Date On Your Calendar (D-Day)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wilson

Reaction score
Just bookmark this date/page on your calendar for future reference:

September 16th, 2007. The date of the next U.A.W. Contract Negotiations!

See how it is all tied together!!!

We go up, y'all go up... We go down (U.A.W.) Y'all see how fast y'all go down!!!;)

As long as they only expect to get that which allows the automakers to be competitive in the market they'll be fine. If they expect more, they'll be disappointed. I always get the sense that the unions feel they are entitled to some particular standard regardless of the market.

There was a time many years ago, a time before many members of this site were born; a time long ago in an age where telephones had rotary dials and engineers used slide rules; a time before mini-skirts.....oops, getting off track here. Long ago, the UAW contracts with the Big Three would set the foundation for nearly all other labor contract negotiations. Not so anymore. With union membership falling annually and the competition in the marketplace, the UAW [and unions in general] just do not have the influence that they once had. I seriously doubt that the IBEW or IAM unions are going to give a hoot about what the UAW is getting or giving.

Sorry to rain on your parade, tracnblack, but I bet that day doesn't make a ripple in the US economy.

Regardless of the impact it does or doesn't have--Isn't calling it "D-Day" showing a bit of disrespect for the actual "D-Day"?

It's a bit like when Kellen Winslow Jr. started talking about one of his upcoming games as a "war", and comparing preparations for that game to what a soldier goes through. (And those of you familiar with that story know how much well-deserved flak he got for that.)

Latest posts