Man... I know Ford's no fallen saint of a company.. But.. Wheew...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh OH

Reaction score
Hey ya'll...

I was searching online for the wife about some problems that she's been having with her 99' Dodge Avenger... (Ya know, TSB's.. Recalls... Etc..) She's been having problems specificly with the Transmission, and since I just did the switch to synthetic fluid on the ST, we were talking about her doing the switch in her Avenger.. So I went into MSN and typed into it EXACTLY this...

"Dodge avenger transmission fluid"

I found this as the FIRST site on the search.... I couldn't believe what I was reading.. Although I don't believe EVERYTHING that I read or hear, it does make me concerned about automotive makers... Most of the time when I see or hear about things like this, I dismiss it.. Because it's mostly flat out accusations and no real hard fact... But in this case, the references are listed, and all the info is provided for you....

What do you guys think?

~Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
Heyyy, I had a Chrysler seat snap and fall backward while driving.

From E. & M. Steck - We have a 2005 Chrysler 300 Touring vehicle which has been pulling to the right every since we purchased it new. It has been in many times for this problem. At one point, I called Chrysler and was told that it was a SAFETY FEATURE FOR THE PURPOSE OF IF YOU HAD A HEART ATTACK OR PASSED OUT, IT WOULD PULL YOU OFF THE ROAD. Get real! Our car will be going to the garage again tomorrow for a cradle adjustment.

:lol::lol::lol:

I know I would'nt touch a Chrysler product. The last one I had, a Dodge Caravan, was pretty much shot at 60K. I was told it needed the engine completely rebuilt. Traded it in and got rid of the damn thing.

Josh,

Check out Asog.net. They are an avenger enthusiats site like this one. The members there usually know everything going on with these cars.

their not that bad jeeps are supposed to catch on fire under 100,000 miles. Right? Id never touch another chysler again. yet they keep selling the crap out of them, just because of marketing (ie HEMI), kinda like toyota's BS reliability thing.

I loved it when I had a Jeep GC and the tranny was slipping. (about 10K miles after having it serviced) it was on thier "extended warrenty" and I was told to drive it till it went. They would then fix it and I would have to "flip the bill" till I got the "extended warrenty" to pay me. I took it elsewhere (to a local mechanic I know) and when Chrysler serviced it they put the wrong filter in the tranny. Put the right one in and no problems (with the tranny) after that. They also stripped the caliper bolts once also. Nice noise comming from the wheel that day. Told my wife never own another one.;)

My first car was a '83 Mini-Ram (think Pre-Caravan). It was on eof the first Mini-Vans produced. Good car... except:

(4) Cylinder 1.6L front wheel drive (did I mention I lived in SoCal?)

Replaced front rotors (3) times in (6) years

Replaced Front brake calipers (2) times in (8) years

Replaced all brake pads EVERY YEAR for the first (6) years

Had front brake pad FALL OFF at 2,500 feet on the way down to the Anzo Borego desert (-200 feet) (FUN trip that was).

My wife's family all have/had DC's products as there are/were several members who work/worked for Chyrsler. In the 9 years my wife and I have been dating/married, she alone has had the following issues:

1992 Spirit - Tranny failure

1996 Dynasty - Tranny Failure, Engine Failure

Her brother had a 1992 Talon... tranny failure

Her parents have a 1996 Conversion Van... Fuel Injector Failure, Tranny "issues", various other engine "issues"

I have had and still have two Ford's in the last 10 years.... no problems at all. I also had a 1992 Century in the same time frame... no issues either.

No chrysler products in my garage any time soon.

Latest posts