Maintenance projects before winter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy Micklon

Reaction score
Been a long time since I posted!!!!

Just worked on some maint. projects before the winter starts on my 03 xlt 4x4.

This came about due the check engine light for the all known cracked elbow issue.

So after replacing that I went on to cleaning the IAC, MAF, and throttle body. Then gave her the Sea Foam treatment.

I was gonna stop there but I got some good coupon codes for Advance Auto so I went out an got new shocks, spark plugs and wires. After the codes I paid $191.87 (before discount it would have been $241.89). Plus I am mailing in rebates for my new Monro Sensa Tracks (buy 3 get 1 free) and rebates on both the Autolite plugs ($1.50 back per plug) and wires ($10 back).

So when all is said and done those items will cost $137.98

I finished replacing the plugs earlier. They were a pain. Though I think the hardest part was getting the wires out of those stupid clips. I had to Youtube to figure out how to open them.

Front shocks were pretty easy. They were originals with over 119k miles on them (I know I know). On both the top bolts snapped when removing them.

Next up is replacing the back shocks. Not looking forward to those based on what everyone says.

Sounds like you have been busy! Pretty much all you just did I need to do as well. Probably won't get to most of it though until the spring. I still need shocks as I am riding around on stock... and I have almost 140K! :grin:

Latest posts