Magnet Mount XM Antenna vs. Car Wash

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V6 Viking

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on whether or not it'll hold? I was going to take a dab of silicone adhesive on the bottom of the antenna before I apply it to the roof. Do you feel it's necessary?

Thanks!

-Matt

:)

3116ff446309e19799272b30da43c4c7.jpg

I've never had a problem. Mine has never moved. The magnet is pretty strong and it simply doesn't stick up enough to have much resistance against the spray or brushes. Mine is mounted just in front of the roof rack on the passenger side.

Another vote for it not moving. I have a magnet mount cell antenna on my roof and it has never moved.

It isnt the magnet you need to worry about, its how much loose wire you have. If the wire is secure and you use the sticky-back wire cover, you should be OK. I have had to replace an antenna do to a loose wire connection on the magnet. But I also put more stress on it than most because I use to swap the magnet back and forth between work truck and personal truck. Now I keep the magnet on personal truck and throw a home antenna on the dash of work truck.

I thought this magnet would never move. Mine did about a month ago, I found it stuck between the bed and the cab. Trouble is, not sure if it was the ice i had chipped from the roof that day or the car wash i ran it through right afterwards. But in 4 years that's the first time it's ever moved.

Thanks all! I installed the XM tuner yesterday and everything works perfectly. Funny thing though...I'm getting all of the channels and I never signed up for service!! Go figure!

-Matt

Latest posts