LTB Center cap for 03 ST XLT

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a center cap for my 2003 ST. It is an XLT version with the stock 17" rims. The center cap is the one that goes flush inside the center of the rim. Please let me know if anyone has one for sale. My local dealer wants $31 for a new one, but I am hoping I can get one used for around $10+S&H.

17 or 16 inch rims... Thoght the 16 inch was the largest OEM rim.

Sitting on A plane in NY. I will run the Hub Cap cover to see what is in inventory when I land in Houston...

Just looked at all the pictures available from 01 to 05. 16 inch is the largest OEM rim and none of them have flush center caps. Some are more raised than others but none are flush.

Here is a list of every OEM rim for all versions of the Explorer in 2003. You will see a 17inch mentioned but only on the Explorer (4 door version).

2 Dr (Sport), (16x7), alum, 5 angular spokes

4 Dr, Sport Trac, (16x7), alum, 5 angular spokes

2 Dr (Sport), (16x7), alum, 5 straight spokes

4 Dr, exc. Sport Trac; 16x7, alum, 5 double spokes, w/openings in spokes, sparkle silver finish

4 Dr, exc. Sport Trac; 16x6-1/2 (steel)

4 Dr, exc. Sport Trac; 16x7, steel, 5 spokes, chrome

4 Dr, exc. Sport Trac; 16x7, steel, 5 spokes, painted

4 Dr, exc. Sport Trac; 16x7, alum, 5 double spokes, w/o openings in spokes

4 Dr, exc. Sport Trac; 16x7, steel, 8 spokes (chrome)

4 Dr, exc. Sport Trac; 17x7-1/2, 5 spokes (alum), satin nickle finish

4 Dr, exc. Sport Trac; 17x7-1/2, 5 spokes (alum), sparkle silver finish

2 Dr (Sport), (16x7), steel, 18 holes

4 Dr, Sport Trac, (16x7), steel, 18 holes

4 Dr, Sport Trac, (16x7), alum, 5 straight spokes

4 Dr, exc. Sport Trac; 16x7, alum, 5 double spokes, w/openings in spokes, satin nickel finish

4 Dr, exc. Sport Trac; 16x7, alum, 5 split spokes

2 Dr (Sport), (16x7), steel, 3 spokes

4 Dr, Sport Trac, (16x7), steel, 3 spokes

4 Dr, exc. Sport Trac; 17x7-1/2, 5 spokes (alum), chromed (Limited)

How about a picture???

Coastie,

You are right they are 16" rims. I mistyped before and didn't notice it. Also, the center cap is not completely flush as you mentioned. Here is the best picture I have in terms of the rims. Let me know if you can help. THANKS

[Broken External Image]:

Well, here is the deal...

Found 172 of them. Found several for 10 to 15 dollars all with some sort of damage, (scuffs and dings for the most part).

Found several more at 18 to 20 dollars in good shape. Found over 100 for more than the cost of new, go figure...

So I can help you for sure, it is just a matter of money vs. value. I would say we can get a near perfect cap at $20. You need to figure freight on top of that. So were no too far off the cost of new would be my guess.

Let me know your thoughts....

How much will S&H cost? I was figuring it would be under $5, since the part isn't very big and doesn't weigh that much. If you can get me one in good condition delivered for $25 or less then I am all for it. If it is going to cost more than $25 then I will just get new it at the local dealer.

It sounds like you are getting parts from salvage yards. There are a few salvage yards not too far from my house so I may go check them out. Last time I went they didn't have any STs, but it sounds like more are hitting the salvage yards now.

Thanks again