Lowering question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Beaulieu

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just wanted to say that only 1 week left before college football starts again :D

Also, were do i get the keys to lower the torision screws so i can lower my front end. I am about to buy some belltech lowering blocks for the back. Is there ANYTHING else i should buy for t his project

Napa or Carquest can get the camber adjusters, most keep them in stock.

You don't need torsion keys, just unscrew the bolts to lower it, or screw them in to raise it. If you want to go lower than 1.5-2" you can take the keys out and flip them over, this will give 3-5" on most trucks, but you're getting into the realm of almost no suspension travel when you get that low.

Shocks aren't necessary for the rear, their length isn't being changed if you're using lowering blocks. Front shocks will help, but you can run what you have for awhile.

I strongly suggest having custom u-bolts made, most that come with the lowering blocks are too narrow for our axles and are a real PITA to install. Take a stock u-bolt to a spring shop and tell them to duplicate it, just "x" inches longer depending on your blocks. It will make the install MUCH easier and should only run $25-40.