Low rumble exhaust, not too overpowering

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Stewart

Reaction score
Which exhaust would you recommend that gives the ST that nice low rumble, but nothing really loud? I'm not of the age anymore where I want the loud exhaust, but it's sure nice to hear a little rumble. I know this could be a bit subjective, but the best I can say is one that rumbles low while idling and doesn't "yell" when you step on the gas :wacko:

I was in the same boat. My previous 2 vechiles were Jeeps each with a LOUD flowmaster system. You could not have a conversation inside. I told this to the exhaust shop and he recommended a Magnaflow. I went with it and could be happier. The sound is great and I can actually see MPG improvments versus just a loud rumble like before.

I told this to the exhaust shop and he recommended a Magnaflow. I went with it and could be happier

I'm assuming you meant' coud not be happier :D How much was your magnaflow installed? It's dual exhaust I assume and also where do the exhaust tips come out?

I recommend the areo turbine. I've had one on my ST for the past 3 months now and love both the sound and the improvement in MPG. Gives the trac more of a low tone sound, but not to the point where it sounds bad. I've gotten nothing but complements on it and the sound. Let me know if you want any other info.

~Josh

Is that a bolt-on bp? I can do stereo systems, but not very comfy doing mechanical stuff like that. Please let me know ease of application or is this strictly a shop job?

the gibson is all bolt up it was easy if you can turn a wrench you can do it. my wife has not even said anything about it from out side or from in the ST.

Latest posts