low idle solved....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raffy hizon

Reaction score
many months ago my idling would be on the 500rpm mark and would dip below it for half a sec then go to 500 then go down after half a sec ect,ect. this was very obvious at night when i have the lights and ac on and on a stoplight with my foot on the brake and tranny on drive

i have cleaned everything this site has mentioned regarding the matter plus had the ac freon leak fixed. the problem would go away for two weeks then be back. sometimes all i do is remove the negative if the battery and the symptom will dissappear only to come back in two weeks.

just last week i decided to clean the TB again and found out that the plate was very so lightly open! i decided to back up on the screw that adjust the throttle body plate so that there would be a tighter seal on idling. viola!!! rpms are back to where it was when the car was new! (i was actually going to attempt to open it up a bit to hopefully bypass the prob:D)

just wanted to share this and i hope this is the end of my low rpm problem. if in a week or two it comes back i will let you guys know.... or buy a toyota:lol:

Could have been the extra air at idle, or the TPS voltage was off....

Cool, Glad it was fixed...

What people do is clean the TB and remove the black seal thus throwing off the TB adjustment...

some 04 and 05 there is no screw to adjust, you need pliers. So if you clean it and try to find a screw your out of luck..

Todd Z

Latest posts