Louisville 2008 National Meet Info. (Also looking for ideas for Friday night)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
This is going to be the first post of many. Just so you all know the dates for the meet are going to be Friday June 13th and Saturday June 14th rain or shine!!

To simplify things we are going to be following the same plans as 2006. The hotel is going to be the same and so is Saturdays events at Huber Farms.

For those that did not attend last year or do not have any idea what we are talking about, stay tuned to these posts because all the information you need should be posted within the next few weeks.

We spoke with Ryan Mitten and Krystin K. within the marketing department at Ford and they have confirmed Ford is on board.

On Friday, the meet will consist of a tour of the Louisville Assembly Plant (where are trucks are made) A meet a greet with the people from Ford, some sort of lunch provided by Ford after the tour. And, some sort of night time/dinner activity.

On Saturday, we will convoy from the hotel to Huber farms in Indiana. There we will have a buffet lunch, show and shine, giveaways, raffles, games, and prizes.

On Sunday, some members hung around to go to dinner at an awesome BBQ place called Mark's Feed Store.

The farm is indoors and the room is large enough to seat 200 people, so no matter what the weather is we will have a good time. The farm also has a winery and wine tasting facility as well as cool things for the kids to do.

The estimated cost per person for the entire event should be between $30.00 and $35.00 for adults and $15.00 for children ages 4-11. Children under 3 are free.

If I remember correctly these were the same prices as 2006.

The hotel has reserved rooms for us and we are mailing the required deposit to Huber Farms within the next month.

Soon we will have the registration page up and running so people can register early.

Again Ford's only request is that we meet a 30 truck and 50 person minimum

We had no problem doing this in the years past, but why don't we try to blow the numbers away from previous years!!

I know myself and Todd Z have already booked our rooms at the hotel.

The hotel is: (please mention the Sport Trac meet in June to get the room rate we received)

The hotel will be $79.99 a night plus 13% tax, making it a total of $92.00 a night.

Jameson Inn Louisville Airport South

6515 Signature Dr.

Louisville KY

502-968-4100

(Exit #128 Fern Valley Rd off I-65)

Like we said this is the first post of many, if you have any questions please feel free to post them here or contact myself (Paul H) or Todd Z via email.

FRIDAY NIGHT

In 2006 Ford took us to a minor league baseball stadium for dinner and a game. Feedback was that this was not that enjoyable.

In 2004, Ford took everyone to the Louisville Museum and had dinner there.

We are looking for suggestions for this years Friday night.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

<a href="http://www.jamesoninn.com/Hotel_Detail.asp?ID=129">hotel</a>

<a href="http://www.joehubers.com">Huber Farms</a>

Paul H

How about, we all just meet somewhere and hang out. Bowling, go carts, take a drive downtown and see city sites? or something like that

you might want to look into stopping at Fort kNox Patton Museum, its free of charge. There is also several small fun parks to do, one is south on 65, about 20 miles, they have go karts, mini-golf, arcade rooms, and some other small stuff., Its in shepardsville. There is also the corvette museum south of louisville, it is a little buit of a drive, about 75 miles.

Duece

How about reserving the deck at "Buckhead Restraurant". It overlooks the Ohio river and you are looking at the lights of Louisville:wacko:.

Or

A cruise on the Belle of Louisville

Or

A diner cruise on the Star of Louisville.

Or

Get 4th Street live to let us display our trucks on 4th street and go to Hard Rock or one of the establishments there.

Or

Okay I am drying up here, some one help me out.:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Why don't we see about displaying our trucks at Six Flags and some can go there. There are games, shows and rides. I think the go-kart track in shepardsville would be a good idea but parking would be a premium as they have limited space. Maybe we could get Ford to rent out the entire bowling alley at the corner of Fern Valley and Old Shep (Strike & Spare) and we could have dinner and fun there. Bowling is a family event and everybody likes to bowl right?

In '04 Ford hosted a buffet at the Louisville Slugger Museum, and really liked that. In '06 we had hot dogs & hamburgers at the local ball park. I don't know Louisvill that well, but I would like something on the level of the '03 &'04 Friday nights with freebies from Ford.

Bardstown KY is 41 miles south of Louisville and they are having a car show that weekend, Bardstown is a pretty good place to checkout. The car show information is:

Whiskey City Cruisers

Sponsored by: Bardstown-Nelson Co. Tourist & Convention Commission

Description: 2nd Saturday, April – October – Stroll among classic cars from yesteryear. Music from the 50’s and drawings for prizes. Justice Center parking lot on East Stephen Foster Ave (Hwy 150E). 502-348-6456 or 800-638-4877.

Hours: TBA

Date: Jun. 14, 2008

Contact Name: Bardstown Tourism

Phone: 502-348-4877

Email: [email protected]

URL: www.visitbardstown.com

Another thing that is great there is the Kentucky Dinner Train. I have done this and it was a great time and the food was good. They sit four to a table and you eat while the train travels 30 some miles and back close to whisky distilleries.

www.kydinnertrain.com

Latest posts