Loud noise coming from front

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh ryan 3

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a problem I was hoping to get fixed. Whenever I make a hard right hand turn and there's excessive weight on the front drivers side of the truck I am hearing a loud pop noise. It only happens on hard turns and only on the front drivers side. I had the wheel hub replaced a month or so ago because it was wearing out. Could the noise be coming from that. Is it a lube problem? Thanks in advance for all the help and happy holidays.

-Baltimore 4x4

It could simply be that your steering stops need a little dab of grease. Steering stops are a protruding member that contacts the cross member when the steering is turned to the max left or right positions. You just need to locate that spot and apply about a tablespoon full of chassis grease on both parts, where the make contact.

It could also be a CV joint is going/gone bad...Check to see if the rubber boot that covers the CV joint is cracked or torn. If it is there will be grease slung out around the nearby suspension parts.

Broken stabilizer bar link bolt. Causes, usually the bottom, of the vertical link to pop out of the hole in the lower control arm then pop back in, maybe causing your noise. Look closely! Bolt may have not fallen out and looks good, but it will turn easily with a wrench or socket indicating its snapped inside the outer tube. Can't quite see it in picture above.

check all suspennsion bolts in the front

as i pulled in& out my driveway mt st always made a noise i could not see any issue when i had new tires put i did the lesswab front alignment trying to save my new investment the tec had come out the truck and showed tghe ajustment bots for the right control arm was loose and a bolt on the left was loose as well since then no noise

Latest posts