Lost High Beams...WTF??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was pulling away from a store front around dusk the other day and noticed the reflection of my fog light in the window but NO headlights?

I looked down and had them on high beam but NO GO?

I switched off the high beams and the low beams came on?

I have removed the pin on fuse/relay to have fogs and high beams on at the same time about a year ago and it's been working great!

What's burns out to cause this? :huh:

Sometimes the bulbs themselves will lose the high beams. It happened on my F-150. get some new bulbs and see if that fixes your problem

Andy....both sides at the same time???

They are Silverstars and only about a year old??

Is there a fuse/relay for the high beams only that i could check first?

It's possible. I'm not sure of the fuse/relay. Usually when I change my bulbs, I keep one of the old ones if they're still good just in case I lose a headlight during a trip. If you have saved one, swap it out and see if it works.

if u touched the glass on the bulbs durring install it can lower the life length of the bulbs...

id get new ones and see if it works for ya

Do you remember where you last saw them? You should probably start looking there..

(OK, I had to throw that in)

Do you still have your original factory lamps?

If so, swap one out to see if it works.

As Dave stated, I'd start with trying one of the orig bulbs to see if you just have blown out your high beams in the silverstars.

I've had silver's in mine now for about a year and no probs with them so far.

Thanks Eddie...

But now that you metioned it, ever since I bought my ST it never had DRL's on it??

I always had to manually turn the lights on.

Speedo is in KPH so it's not a US import?

Is there something the previous owner did to get around DRL's??

Do a search for DRL's, there is a module up behind the front bumper on the passenger side, see if it is plugged into the wiring harness, if it is unhook it and see if that solves your problem, if it does the DRL module is bad. Someone posted a pic of it's location at one time, that is why I recommend searching, you might have to check the archives as well.

Here, found it for you, pics in the post on location.

Check the 15A fuse at position 33 in the interior fuse panel (left end of the dash). Whenever my high beams have failed in the past, that's been the culprit.

Latest posts