Loose steering wheel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
Yesterday I had my truck in a shop to get some work done on it. When the guy called me to tell me my truck was ready, he told me over the phone that my steering wheel was really loose. It wasn't that way when I dropped it off.

He told me it was his tech that worked on my truck found it loose....

Anyway, they tried to tell me it was that way when I took it in......BS.....lying S.O.B's

I drove it to Ford this morning and had them check it out and they were able to tighten everything back up.

My question is what could they have done to make the wheel loose like that? You could rock it from side to side or up and down.

Only thing I can think of is they had the wheel turned and the steering locking mechanism got jammed and they had to "over force" the wheel to unstick the locking mechanism.

Anyway, Ford charged me about 100 bucks to fix the issue and I will never go back to this other mechanic again for anything.

I hope you paid with a credit card. Put it in dispute!

'07 ST

I had them replace the driver's side front wheel bearing.

My only guess is they had the wheels turned to one side while working on replacing the bearing and the steering wheel was locked and they had trouble getting the key to turn back on with the wheels locked and over forced the steering wheel causing it to break loose.

Below is a review I wrote yesterday about this crappy repair center. Please read it and give me a thumbs up for the review......

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts