Looking for spark plugs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olivia Snyder

Reaction score
Good morning all!

It's getting time to change out the spark plugs and I am looking for Autolite Iridium spark plugs for my '07 V6. Anyone know where I can find them? Does Motorcraft make Iridium? Couldn't find any with them, just wondering.

Thanks!

Just put the motorcraft or autolite double platinums in the V6. You wont get anymore performance or life out of the iridiums, just a thinner wallet.

How many miles do you have? I wouldnt change them until 65k to 70K..

Ford says 100K. I wouldnt do it. They have a tendency to sieze in the aluminum heads.

Thanks! I have about 67,000 miles on it so far. Been idling rough for a few months so I figured its about that time. Ill prob end up going with Motorcraft double platinum since I can't find them and if they last alot longer. Any helpful hints? I have read where gen 1 are a pain in the butt but havent really seen anything for gen 2.

I think there is something about removing the tire and inner fender liner to get at the last plug on the drivers side. I could be wrong. Just follow Eddie's and Rodger's suggestions.

yeah, there is a project.

I just did mine. The OEM boots are a difficult to get off the plugs.

I used the Autolite Iridium... guess I didn't know better. Everything is running fine. Uh, it's not that much more expensive. I got mine at Autozone.

yeah, there is a project.

I just did mine. The OEM boots are a difficult to get off the plugs.

I used the Autolite Iridium... guess I didn't know better. Everything is running fine. Uh, it's not that much more expensive. I got mine at Autozone.

By far, the best plugs are OEM style. Designer plugs do the same thing as the OEM ones do.

The only difference is the price.

Been there, done that.

Tom

Latest posts