Looking for Part or Fix

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ape

Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question but I will ask anyway. On my 04 with Tan interior one one of my passenger side seatbelt the plastic tan button that stop the buckle from falling to the floor is missing. Is that something I can order or is there and aftermarket alternative?

Google "Seat Belt Stop Button" or

Seat Belt Caught In Door Preventer :rofl:

Don't those retractors work great? POS :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ford did put out a TSB on these little buggers. I carefully removed one from a belt in a salvage yard car and reinstalled it on my belt.

Here's the TSB, FYI. It doesn't indicate the replacements come in different colors though.

I was able to buy a grey one at the Chevy dealer in sets of 2 for less than $12 that was a perfect match. Ford wanted to sell a complete set with 4 colors for over $35.00 way too much for the 1 grey one I needed.

Ape,

That's a common problem. Apologists won't blame Ford, but the simple fact is that the retraction of the seatbelts on the ST suck about 32 different flavors of arse. If not very careful and deliberate in getting out, it is likely that one will close the door on the seatbelt, and Murphy's law indicates that it will likely slam on that stop button, smashing it off.

It happened to me and so many others here.

I went to the dealer, they gave me a new one for FREE! Simple crimp on two piece deal (looks like a tack on one side, kind of, presses into a washer like deal on the other).

Stop by your dealer. Either way, if I remember right, it was a $4 part at my dealer.

TJR out!

I worked a knife blade between the belt and the "non-peg' side, twisted it and it popped in half. Placed it back through the seat belt webbing on my belt, added a drop of super-glue to the "peg' and squeezed it together. Good as new.

Not responsible if you try this and stab yourself though. I usually do but lucked out that time!

Because I save some things. I fixed the stop on an escape. I used the rubber bumpers(feet) from the bottom of an old stereo. They had recesed centers for screws. Small screw with nut. Short enough not to stick out all was well. If the trac ever breaks one I will do the same.

Latest posts