Looking for ideas on where to mount a CB

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JerryA said:

if I knew a better way to get an FM signal (other than satellite) without the need of an antenna, I would go there for sure!

Perhaps this might work for you, JerryA:

4ebd9779c872c6cc3c13ad32eace30e0.jpg

HIDE IT! Getting rid of your ugly factory antenna is one of the quickest and cheapest ways to improve the looks of your vehicle. Autolcs exclusive HAB Hidden Antenna offers all the performance and quality FM reception of an external antenna without breaking up the clean lines of your vehicle. Works as well as a standard antenna (except for AM) but without the unsightly rod and mast. The HAB is a great addition to any custom vehicle for an affordable price. Backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Mine was in the glove box, with a mag mount steel whip above the 3rd brake light. I'm going to get a Cobra 75WX (everything's on the mic) for the Mustang.

[Broken External Image]:

Looks great, but does it really work? I can't seem to find any reviews on this product. Do you have one?

Not the greatest in the world. CB antennas need vertical to get range, especially to transmit. This will work but it will only give you about 1 mile range. The way I see it you only have 2 options.

1 You can install a 4 ft whip behind the upper rear window trim with a groundless mount. That will give you a little better range.

2. Mount an antenna in the bed as per Mike Egan's project but use a floding mount so you can keep the antenna against the inner bed side intil you want it then you simply tip it up & you will get a clear 5 mile (10 on a great day)

LOL at TJR!!!

"Mount it right next to the flux capacitor, so when you hit 88 mph you can go back to 1977 and have someone to talk to on the CB.

TJR"

Bob,

It looks like your location is going to be the best place. But I will velcro it to the console as I only use the CB on roadtrips.

In the future I wil probably change the CB to a remote unit with the controls on the mic.

My GPS gathers information on road and traffic conditions and automatically changes my route to avoid through a European system called TMS. Perhaps this is also used in the US? There are a lot of CB shops in Poland, but since I have limited Polish skills, I probably could only say, "dziesięć czterech dobrych przyjacił" (ten-four good buddy) :lol:

When we convoy with the Corvette club, we use the little walkie talkies.

I have a rechargeable set and a battery powered set.

Both sets are really great for a range of a couple of miles.

Works up to five miles, but I doubt if they reach out that far sitting in a car.

Both mine have 40 channels.

I recommend them highly.

Latest posts