Looking for C250 Connector part number

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob McDonald

Reaction score
while resolving my problem with the steering column wiring, I noticed that it looks like the hook that holds the wire in connector is part of the plastic connector, rather than a barb on wire slip connector. Several of the hooks looked to be broken or missing. I wanted to buy just the plastic connector that the wires slip into to replace that connector if I have to get in that area again.

The connector in question is C250 that plugs into the emergency flasher switch assembly. I think the official name is the Multifunction Switch.

Is anyone able to find out what the part number is for just that connector piece on the end of the wiring harness?

Is there enough wire slack to eliminate the conector all together. I was thinking if I ever had the problem. I will eliminate both conectors. I would solder each wire and use insulating shrink tube.

I do that alot on my cars. Especialy if it is not some conection that needs periodic disconnection, for repair or service. Under the hood. The only ones I dont are the multi-pin conectors on the ecu and pcm sensors and modules.

I dont see the components in the column, normaly needing service. If it did, No big deal to solder the wires back.

I see it as a permanent repair. Then you can tilt the steering column and never worry again.

Bob, C250 on a 2002 Trac is the Ignition Switch connector. I believe what you're looking for is C202a, the lighting side connector for the MFS.(202b being the wiper side connector) It's available from Motorcraft as a pigtail, which I assume could be disassembled to just get the plastic connector, assume I say. Your 2002 should use a WPT-611.

b488437f270e1d24b3325276062386ba.jpg
b6b73186b0550508a4cde73c33f93a0b.jpg

FYI, the 14A320 is the base number of the harness the connector is on.

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1240198&REPLYCOUNT=4&sitename=mysporttrac

Last edited by a moderator:
Beyond me why people still use "tacky" black electrical tape.

Heat shrink tubing is inexpensive, readily available, and usually permanent.

Steve,

The picture you posted definitely looks like the connector in question. The documentation I was looking ta referred to it as the C250 Multifunction Switch. I guess I don't really care what it is called on different year models as long as I am able to get the right part.

So, I guess I will see if I can get the WPT-611 pig tail.

Thanks for your help.

Eddie,

It is not an in-line connector. It is a connector that plugs into a switch assembly. So, you wouldn't be able ti eliminate it. Sorry

This came from the Ford Service Manual, 2002 Sport Trac. ( I have a '02 gold one also). Rock Auto carries Motorcraft pigtails an you may have a Motorcraft distributor in your area, I do.

CS says they have 5 warehouses.......

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well. my 'fix' didn't last. It started acting up again today. I have ordered a WPT611 pigtail and plan on really fixing it when it comes in.

Thinking about putting a little silicon sealant on the back of the connector to hold the wires in, in case the plastic retainer hooks break off again. Anybody with any thought about that idea.

I think that's an excellent supplement to the hooks. Someone here did the whole repair by using silicone RTV. I don't see how it could harm anything. Just plug it in as soon as you silicone it so it dries with tension on the terminals as designed.:supercool:

Latest posts