Looking for an Oregon dealer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Lee

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anybody assist me in finding a great Oregon Ford dealer?

I am adding another Ford to the family...a 2008 F-350 Dually to tow our new 5th wheel. Living in CA, I wish to avoid the huge taxes here and order/purchase in a neighboring state. I here Oregon is out of state and military friendly. I will title and register in my home state of SD regardless of where I purchase, I just want an easy transaction but top of the line service in getting me the truck I want.

Thanks,

Liberty

I have bought 2 new vehicles from Dicks MacKenzie Ford in Hillsboro, OR. I can't say they are not immune from some of the typical sales practices but I was allowed to research vehicles in the lot without having a sales person with me. In fact they gave me brochures so that I could look at the different packages. I didn't have to get a sales associate until I was ready to test drive a vehicle.

My second purchase was different since I had already picked out the vehicle online, got the VIN, researched the invoice amount and then went to the lot to test drive. We agreed to $300 over invoice and with the military discount Ford offered at the time I got it for under invoice and 0% financing.

In both cases after the initial agreement the finance dude wanted to tack on all kinds of stuff like diamond coat, service contracts (which I did because I was on active duty at the time, away from home a lot so my wife can get the car serviced herself), extended warranty, ya da, ya da, ya da.

Even though they are 75 miles from my home and I have a local Ford dealer I would go back to MacKenzie Ford again.;)

You may want to talk with your local JAG. I remember something about a "Three State Rule". I know when I bought my Toyota Echo, I had to register the vehicle in Kentucky (where I bought it), instead of Wyoming (my domicile) or Florida (where I was stationed).

Got all the information for my 07 trac from you guys on this site. Then did additional research and bought it from Astoria Ford. Its the second ford I have bought from them. They sold them both to be at their invoice less the advertising fees and no other add ons. Almost any other dealer I tried to buy that way said they would sell at that until you got there and then it was always more than agreed upon by phone. They actually located it at a dealer 410 miles round trip. They gave me a 2007 f250 with 25 miles on it to go get the trac. That was a fun day. It was nice not to have anyone else drive my rig. Hope this helps and good luck with getting that trac. You will love it. Its even better than what I thought it would be......

fred

I have bought several vehicles in the past in the state where I live and registered (paid taxes) on my home of record (South Dakota). California just is too hard and they force you to pay with the hopes of getting refunded but it never happens. Bought my wife's van a year ago in CA and never got any of the 7.25% back....grrrrr.

So, I will see whether the dealers mentioned here will deal with me. BTW, I have an X-plan pin I am going to use.

Thanks,

Liberty