Looking for a interior part for my Gen2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A1cntrler

Reaction score
I need the latch for the center console for my '07 Limited. I went to the dealer to see about getting the latch assembly but as luck would have it, the part is only available as a part of the lid. Of course the lid comes in at $278. Not interested in buying the entire lid when all I need is the latch. Here in SoCal I don't have any junkyards nearby that I can go in and grab the latch only. I was hoping someone here that happens to be at a yard for something sometime could grab me the latch and send it my way (All at my expense of course.)

Here is photo of the part I need. Circled in red is the broken plastic "spring" and in green is the side that hasn't broken yet.

Thanks for your help!

7d590af0916723577f6b1da117125c16.jpg

There's an easy fix for this. involves a spring.

Can't find the link right now.

Mine was broke for over a year. 2 dollar fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow great find. I'll have to give that a go. I might have paid $130 though for the entire lid. The $278 my dealer wants for it is a bit ridiculous though. Almost as ridiculous as making that plastic latch that is removable a part of the entire lid.

Thanks for the link!

Edit: I ordered a pack of the springs from McMaster-Carr as are described in the link. If anyone else searches and has this issue needs a pair (They come in a pack of 12) send me a message and I'll get them out to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts