looking for a decent game for the iPad

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, if you like shooters, like the old-school Galaga, etc, then you can't beat "SpaceFrak HD".

Also, if a Scrabble fan, then that app is very good.

JewelCraft if you like Bejeweled type games.

TJR

What kind of games do you like?

I like puzzle/strategy games--and have found Trainyard to be exceptional. (There's both a smaller free version and a larger pay version, but the puzzles aren't repeated between the two.) (Note that I've only played it on an iPhone, not iPad, but I have to believe the experiences will be comparable.)

If you're looking for a good summary of some of the best games available recently, in many different genres, check out the link below. Note that the page in that link only shows the "winners" in each category--but clicking on each category name will also show the full list of nominees/honorable mentions, where you'll find many other great ones too.

And be sure to check out the 2009 and 2008 winners too (links to those are in the upper right corner of the page) to see even more. Some of those are now available free of charge...

Last edited by a moderator:
I like logic games as well as challenge type games. Not into the war and fighting things to much as I never really found one that is easy enough to play and enjoy it. With the iPad being larger maybe it will be better...

Thanks for the input...

Nick,

Most free online games will NOT work on the iPad as most use Flash as their applet technology. The apple i-products don't support Flash.

The rationale is that their iPhone and iPad already have an applet technology that requires the apps be sold/downloaded through iTunes and/or the iStore. That allows Apple to retain some level of control of their apps.

Allowing Flash on their device has them lose control.

TJR

Latest posts