Looking at new ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Stadnicki

Reaction score
WOW, I thought the auto market was in a slump. I did an internet inquiry at a local dealer and they wanted $42k for a V6 Adrenalin with a 3,500 rebate and thier "special" price of $36,444. The Adrenalin options were- Sync NAV, leather, tow, moon roof, Adrenalin Limited convienice package. Does this sound right? I haven't talked to them yet. I was looking at super cab F150's too, but for the options I had in my old ST...it's getting expensive. Plus, the F150's are just big and my work has a parking garage. I don't have a plan code, I got one from a friend last ST. But they take away other incentives when you use them.

Can the back-up senors be dealer added, I really need and love this option?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try the USAA buying service. No haggle deals..... you should just be able to ask the dealer what the USAA price is also, but they make make you go online for the certificate. I did this on last 2 vehicles and was happy as it takes the haggle out of the deal. I either like the price or dont.

Are you willing to buy out of state? I would say look around if you want a good price on an Adrenalin. I saw a new 09 left over a few weeks ago that was AWD V8 with all options except sun roof for $34K. $42K for the V6 seems outrageous.

I just replaced my totaled 2004 Adrenalin with a 2010 Adrenalin. The new one has V8, moonroof, sync, nav, loaded. All options but the remote start. Got it for $38,000.00

I don't have a plan code, I got one from a friend last ST. But they take away other incentives when you use them.

Whoever told you that is lying. I've bought my last two Tracs using the X-Plan program, and I got all the rebates that were available to the public at the time, plus another $500 rebate that was available only to Ford A/X/D Plan customers.

If you can't get a plan price, do not pay more than $500 over invoice for the truck. And then apply/subtract the rebates from the negotiated price.

I just did a check on Edmunds.com. Their "True Market Value" price (after rebates) in your area for a Trac optioned like what you described is about $36,600. So that dealer's "special price" probably isn't that unrealistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what happened to me during last Trac. They would not budge. My other old ST was gone and I got the "I want it now" mode. they wore me down...I was weak. Thanx for that info though. Still looking for a new 2010 ST and waiting in USAA for thier verdict.

$36,444 sounds about right for what you are looking for. You are talking about top of the line except for a V8...

Latest posts