Looking at Jumping Ship

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike burns 3

Reaction score
Drove a new honda ridgeline this weekend. Dang it drove nice. From the outside not the best looking but from the drivers seat its nice. They are pricey but come with some nice options. Most all reviews are positive. I hate to change, been driving ford since '85 but they dont have anything I'm excited about. Looked at a new escape but it looks to much like a over grown focus.

It's just the "new car syndrome", after driving something for so long anything seems better. Especially after driving a "full-frame" vehicle to a "unibody" vehicle. It's all in your head man, go test drive other vehicles and I bet 9 out of 10 that you drive you think is better then your Trac (old/ current vehicle).

Just saying, this is how it is. :haveabeer:

If you considered the Escape but didn't consider the Edge, you should go back and try it out. If looks don't matter as much, and I suspect they don't if you're considering the Ridgeline:grin:, you may even want to test drive a Flex. Those things are really nice if we use the quote you used above: "From the outside not the best looking but from the drivers seat its nice."

I had a 2010 Edge, loved it but got rid of it becasue I wanted a car again. I know Jupton3 loves the Vista roof but Ford has had a ton of complaints about it rattling, so much so that they stopped trying to fix them because they don't know how. The Ford Sync system coupled with the navigation is awesome and an option that is a must if the wallet allows.

I1tech, all we did was spray silicone on the slide rails and rubbers and it is perfectly quiet, interesting to hear that ford didnt know how to fix the issue. Jim

My Dad has a '10 Ridgeline- his 2nd Ridgeline. I drove it last weekend and it is a very nice vehicle. Lots of convenience things- interior is full of cubbies and storage, flip up rear seats, etc. and the bed/trunk/2-way tailgate are way more usable than the Trac's. However, I also noticed the thing is pretty loud inside, especially hitting bumps. Every bunp transmits noise through the suspension into the cabin. Also, the ride was firm, but also very jiggly. It felt a bit like a go-cart- low weight and stiff suspension. I generally like a firm ride, but not one that beats the hell out of me. Add in all the suspension noise, and I was quickly appreciating my Trac.

Latest posts