looking at a 01 job1

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry tanner

Reaction score
i have a friend who is looking at a 01 st. he thinks it is a job one. what does he need to know and look for if he decides to buy it. problems, maintenance, etc.

thanks

hdt

Supposedly the Job 1 has a bunch of issues that were fixed for the Job 2 but I haven't a single non-regular maintenance issue from my Job 1. I certainly haven't had the PCV issue which it seems every Job 2 has had. If it's well maintained and relatively low miles, I'd say he go for it.

Not trying to scare your friend, just an FYI. I believe the body structure weld bond

procedure and the timing chain tensioner may be the biggest concerns for the Job 1. GL

he was looking at this one. what do you think?

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?cpo=&stkTyp=U&searchSource=SEM_SEARCH&mkId=20015&mdId=21107&AmbMkNm=Ford&AmbMdNm=Explorer%20Sport%20Trac&AmbMkId=20015&AmbMdId=21107&zc=32227&rd=50&prMx=6000&yrNm=&alMkId=20015&alMdId=21107

thanks

hdt

I love my Job 1.

have had only minor problems with it..

the only thing I see with the one you ppsted. is they say nothing about the Rear Damage on the web site or the carfax.