lookin for tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
General Grabber AT2's. I had discount tire price match them from sears and I got them for around $110-120 per tire. I just checked sears out and they're around $160 per tire now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like my Cavalier Sport Kings a lot. 265/75R16. $600 installed.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

well kinsa both i want it to be agressive off road but still have some road manners, i had firestone destination a/t's on my ford ranger and they were good off road as well as on. i really like the way that hugh's look, where did you buy them from?

Sad thing about tires is. Tires took a big jump in price this past 6 months. Example, popular $150 tire, now cost about $185....:sad::banghead:

My brother just put tires on his ram 150. Last year his size of Bfg long trail Ta's, was about $800 out the door. His best price last month was over $1000 out the door.

I got them from my local tire shop, Duncan Tire. They're a Michelin dealer. These tires are basically a cheaper version of the BFG AT.

They're pretty quiet on road for an AT. They're basically perfect on road. Wet roads are no problem and they do as well as can be expected on ice.

Off road, they've served me well in every situation so far except once in really soupy mud that I stopped in (stupid) to look out the door and see how deep it was. The heavy ST sunk quick and hitting the skinny pedal only dug in more. Not the tires' fault, my stupidity.:banghead:

You'll be hard pressed to find an all terrain with that good of a tread pattern and siping for that price. If Eddie is right (which he always is in my experience), they may be a little more now, though.

A lot of people really like the General Grabbers, also.

I have the General Grabber AT's. I am on my second pair now, great tire, though they HAVE jumped in price. (all tires have though, since they are a petroleum product)

[Broken External Image]:

I just put <a href="http://www.pepboys.com/catalog/tirecover?pn=WL14KNUX64&sz=2557016&lc=TIR"> Definity Dakota ATs</a> on my ST. I really like them, and I paid $600 for 4 installed at Pep Boys.

I wanted General Grabber's but they've jumped to over $170/tire here. Last December, I could have got them for $108/tire, but I guess I waited too long!

Latest posts