Locked My Keys in My ST Yesterday!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
I was 250 miles away from home yesterday in a very small rural town when I realized I had locked my keys in my Trac. They were sitting on the console. Luckily, the key pad entry code was also safely locked inside my Trac- in the glovebox with the owner's manual.

The folks I was visiting said "no problem" and they called a guy to come over and unlock it. In three minutes, Bubba showed up in his farmer overalls, and asked which vehicle needed unlocking. He pulled out a slimjim and popped the Trac open in less than two minutes. He handed me the keys and I asked him what I owed him. He said $25 would do it.

I thought I was pretty lucky. No visible damage to the window molding or glass. Everything is fine.

I almost always leave my keys locked in my Trac. I use the key pad all the time. One of these days that will bite me I am sure. Glad yours only cost you $25.

When I was buying my '94 Explorer, while the guy went in to get the dealer plates for the test drive, I tested the power locks, and shut the door - standing outside the truck with it running. No, he didn't have a spare key. Took him 20 minutes to get it open. Slim jim wouldn't work. Finally got something past the door frame and pushed the unlock button. We had agreed on a price contingent on the test drive and I figured that was gone after my screw up given the time it wasted, but he honored it!

Latest posts