Little HELP!! Here. My Fuel Pump . . ever seen one like this?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Duckworth

Reaction score
Well, here it is . . My tank setup is nothing like the project posted. My tank is held in w/1 t-strap, the other end of the tank sits on a metal lip and held in w/2 bolts.

First, the lid/cover of the fuel pump is not screwed on, it's bolted on . . . .

[Broken External Image]:

2nd, is this the part number for the pump i need?? XL2U - DB 03/31/2000

[Broken External Image]:

Here is the fuel pump . . .

[Broken External Image]:

This is what my tank looks like. . .

[Broken External Image]:

Anyone seen a fuel pump like this one before?

Thanks for any help!!

Ron

Buhl, AL (Roll Tide)

Yeah - it looks like a standard electric fuel pump. The black oblong piece at bottom left is the fuel level float. What were you expecting to see? The pump itself is the cylinder at bottom of the stack. You can either replace just that or the whole assembly - which is what I'd do. If you replaced just the pump and two months from now the level sensor crapped out, then you've got to do the whole job again. Comparison picture of replacement part you bought would help.

Looks similar to the Airtex #E2296S. Compare to pics from link.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK . . first . . .

I know that this is a fuel pump and all the doo-dads that go with it. Sorry, guess I sounded a little to excited.

I was a bit surprised that my fuel pump has the bolt on top/lid. I've helped friends change out fuel pumps before, probably changed out 6 - 7 over the years and they've always had the big white threaded (screw type) fitting holding it in. I was surprised to see it bolted in from the top.

Yes, the entire tank is steel, I drained the tank, it had less than a gallon in it, but was still heavy as hell.

Apparently my Trac is one of the very firsts since this is the smaller gas tank. Oh well.

- - Ron

If you shoot me an email with the last eight of your VIN at roger dot batts at northcentralford dot com, I will be happy to send you the correct part number for your vehicle. (spelled out to keep spammers from grabbing it)

That is what my fuel pump looked like when I replaced it.

I bought this one off of AMazon for $110ish and it fit perfectly.

Spectra Premium SP2296H Fuel Hanger Assembly with Pump and Sending Unit

I have no clue what that other connector is for. I thought about that myself when I was unhooking it.

Anyone know???

Ron

Latest posts