Line of fire

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan D

Reaction score
Alright so I bought a Line of Fire from Underdog (got it extremely fast)!

Now I just want to take a poll and see how all of you ST'ers with one mounted it. I like the way it was done in the project, just seems like a lot of work. I am thinking about mounting it to the lip on the bumpber using 3M Tape with the tape on the inside of the L and that part on the backside of the lip . . Just curious to see how everyone else did it.

The 3M tape did not seem to do the job on mine...so I put srews thru it......old pic, but here is one at night.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't use the 3m tape that came with it or the screws. I removed both and put 3m tape on the side that is just above the light bar then stuck it on my tail gate. It took less then 5-10 minutes and looks perfect. There are some pictures in my library I believe.

I ended up doing mine like Tylers. I tried it the way Sintec did his. But it was hitting the lip on the bed. I could of ground the bed lip off but didn't. After I mounted mine, I 3M'd some tape on the backside of some aircraft mirror (1" x 49") and stuck it over the mounting screws. That way no one could remove my line of fire. I recently added the mirror. Now it gives the look of two led strips.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and installed mine like Sintec . .looks good, works so far. Time will tell . . .I think this is one of the best mods for the money though . . makes your truck stand out and adds a safety value . . .

I used the 3m tape, after a winter, I remounted using self-taping screws. It hits the tailgate, but is out of view and is not stouching the led section.

Latest posts