Lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean Kolar

Reaction score
Can u just put led's in as replacements or do u have to change anything. I saw Arturo has some sweet looking headlights and taillights and I want mine to look like his.

They make LED headlights but I wouldn't go with those. If you want to upgrade go with HID kits. My reverse, tag, dome, and map lights are all LED that I purchased from eBay. They are fairly inexpensive.

Caution when converting turn signals or anything else that flashes. You will need to add resistors in or get LEDs that already have resistors soldered to them so that they can mimc regular bulb. Otherwise you'll get the rapid flashing turn signals because the system will think a bulb is out. Check out this sub forum on explorer forum: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Good Luck

i have leds in all signal lights and lisc plate lights also a led turn signal flasher i bought on flea bay if you get hid.s get a projecter kit i have silverstars zxe,s with a harness upgrade kit and now i,m.happy with the results upgrade kit 32 bucks zxe,s 60 bucks

Yeah the LED for your cargo lights, reverse lights, dome, map, and license plate lights are cheap. Refer to your owners manual for bulb sizes. The reverse lights you will have to find ones with a flat head or otherwise they won't fit because of the plastic cover on top. I can send you pics of what I'm talking about if you want man.

Just send me a message at 865-309-7830

Here's the numbers for ya. I already looked them up a while ago because I was thinking of doing this as well.

Reverse Lights: 3156

Front turn signal: 3157A

3rd Brake light: 922

Plate Lights: 194

Tail Light: 3157

Sorry I didn't look up the interior lights

Sorry to jump in here but moebus, do you have some info on that turn signal flasher thing you mentioned? Do either you or Arturo have a place that you guys got your leds at?

@ Patrick I bought all my LEDs from eBay. Apparently autozone now carries LED bulbs. I probably wouldn't go with them. I believe they are LED but still produce a yellow hue. The LED resistors can be purchased on eBay as well but I did see them at autozone too.

@Dean if you're looking to upgraded headlights and don't want to go with HIDs. Sylvania recently came out with Sulverstars ZXE. They are supposed to produce as much lights as HIDs. I'm debating whether to give them a try

most auto parts stores can get you a led flasher to replace your factory signal flasher or flea bay and i vot my leds from v leds about 25.00 bucks each bulb but very happy with them or superbrightleds.com too

Thanks guys for the info.

The ZXEs simulate i think about 6500K color but they put out less light than the Silverstar Ultras which is the only thing keeping me from getting them since I drive night/backroads a lot. Otherwise I'd love the color.