lights stay on.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Niederhauser

Reaction score
2008 - sometimes when I start up the insides lights do not fad off. If i wait until the auto door locks engage or open and close the door again they will go out. Is there a switch/sensor somewhere. ;)

Not sure about the '08. My '04 has a small domed light sensor on the dash. Make sure something isnt partially blocking it.

I have experienced the same since driving over dirt roads on our vacation out west. The interior lights will come on while driving, sometimes fade to off, other times it takes opening and shutting the driver door. I plan on taking it to the dealer to see what's up!

GregSmith

If you are still having a problem with your interior lights on the 2008 ST going on and off by themselves you will be glad to know there is a fix.

Mine was doing the same and I took it to the dealer yesterday. There was a service bulletin on this (Not a TSB) and the cause was a worn (defective) ignition switch tumbler. The dealer Dimension Ford West) was able to replace the part (in stock) under warranty and they had the vehicle for only a couple hours. :D

e-mail sent.

Greg Smith

Also, if the door switch (on the drivers door latch) was sticking or bad, the same thing would happen as it THINKS the door is still open..

Latest posts