light bars

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob mcarthur

Reaction score
i'm thinking of adding tailgate light bars too my sport trac (08) as anyone done this and if so how . i'm wondering if i can just connect to the trailer hook up if its possible.

thanks in advance.

ps pic's would help

I did that on my 01. They come with a flat 4 pin connector. The ones with the backup lights have a extra wire you have to splice into your backup lights. If you don't have the 4 pin, you can get the adapter to plug in between. I took a 4 pin extension wiring harness and spliced an extra 4 pin plug, so I didn't have to unplug it every time I wanted to use my trailer.

They're not light bars. They're strips of itsy-bitsy LED lights that bearly twinkle.

This is a REAL light bar. Please get the terminology right. :p

[Broken External Image]:

I have the Pacer 5 function light bar. It plugs in and requiers two splices. It is clean and always a straight light on the back end.

I have seen the "line of fire" not be always straight.

Terry

Darrel:

What brand of light bar did you install?

Gary G:)

gary,

i was going too install pacer5 seems thats the best choice too me

is that your sport trac. looks great simualar too my colour.

thanks for info.

Yes I installed Fire and Ice brand on both my previous 2001 and now my 2008 Adrenalin

Easy....had to patch in the backup lights via the wires in the back though....pretty easy.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts