Lift, tires and spacers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been searching and reading all afternoon. Looking at possibly doing the 3" body lift. Want to run 33x10.5/15 tires on aftermarket wheels. From what I've read a 4" BS is the way to go on the wheels. Is this correct? Will I need wheel spacers on the aftermarket wheels with a 4" BS? I have an 04 4x4 XLT. If I change from the stock 16" diameter wheel to a 15" aftermarket wheel will I have any brake clearance problems. I know some of the models came standard with 15" wheels but I just want to make sure. Thanks for the help!

I used a 4" backspace on my 05. 15 x 8 wheels. Don't remenber the exact tire size. Pictures in my library. The site below may help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some 15s will have problems clearing the calipers, some won't. Unfortunately, the only way to know is a test fit.

Otherwise, 4" backspace is good. 3.75" might work better if you can find it.

If you wanna run a 33x10.5x15 tire with a 3" bodylift but are thinking about running the 16" wheel then I'd go with either a 265/75/16 =(32x10.5x16) or a 285/75/16=(33x11.5x16).

Hugh has 265/75's, check out his library

I ran 285's on mine but I have a 3" bl, 1.75" TT, lift shackles and 1.5" wheel spacers, check out my library for alot of pictures of before, after and now with the 33x12.50x15 on 15x8 Cragar Soft 8's with 4" b.s..

Glenn, no spacers and I remembered the wheel was 15". No lift was required, but some trimming in the fender wells was.

16" tires almost always cost more than 15" tires of the same overall size. The common 33x12.50-15 is the same overall size as a 305/70-16.

JohnnyO is right, that's exactly why I went to a 15" rim. I bought five matching rims/tires for less then I would've spent on four new 16" tires. :banana:

Thanks for the info. Think I know the plan of attack now. May be waiting just a little for the lift so I can hopefully finish the stereo install. Just need the 270amp alt. to get here and then I'll start on the four ten install , 3000 watts and an extra battery all in the interior. Keeping all seats. Wish me luck.

Latest posts