lift question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Tomczak

Reaction score
Fabtech and RCD both make a lift kit for the Ford Ranger, including Edge, that provides upto 5.5 inches of lift and REPLACES THE TORSION BAR WITH COIL SPRINGS. I remember that when I had my Ranger, we 'stole' alot of parts off of the Tracs for use on our Rangers, and seem to remember that alot of Ranger parts, escpecialy the Edge parts, fit the tracs. What does everyone think, will it work? Assuming the front end stuff would work, I would SOA the rear end with the Airlift air bags I have now, but would I need to find longer rear springs? 5.5 in the front from a spindle and and coil conversion should come close to that of the rear with SOA, but will the Airlift bring it back to level? Any ideas/ thoughts/ sugestions? How about contribute to a lift my Trac fund?

I have the lift you are considering, except mine is not an RCD. I have the Superlift kit, that is made for the Explorer SPort Trac, and I put FOX coilovers up front to get another 1.5" lift.

If you use the RCD kit on your ST you will need to use the smaller Ranger brake rotors as well. Some will tell you this no big deal, but since the ST weighs alot more than a ranger, and most tend to install larger tires after lifting, I did not want to put smaler brake rotors on my ST. Now that I have 35's I wish I had 15"-16" brake rotors instead.

If you do a SOA in the rear you will get about 6" of lift, there is no need for airbags. There are many more pics in my library.

[Broken External Image]:

Chad- The Superlift kit that you have looks like it is more of a coil over conversion. The only kit I have seen is Fabtech's and it says that it comes with UCA, LCA, and new spindles. The kit looks like the coil suspension on a Jeep, Ram, or even a Super Duty; being a seperate coil spring and adjacent shock. Is there an advantage to a coil over verses a coil spring/ shock?

Latest posts