Lift kits?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cayle Little

Reaction score
Hello all;

This being my first post here, I would like to say it looks like a good group of people. I am joining because I am searching for a little information on sport trac's. I am looking for a lift for my 08. I want to increase the capabilities of it off road. So far I'm getting skunked on this one.

Any ideas?

So the only option would be to go to a solid axle in the rear?

(Not doing that, just asking a question)

Last edited by a moderator:
for the gen 1 you can either do a 4" lift from super lift which comes with hardware to lift the front and maintain steering geometry and new leafs for the rear. or you can do a 3" body lift from PA. or you can do a TT/Shackle lift with warrior 153 shackles from a wrangler and tightening your torsion bolts. some other options for the rear would be spring over axle conversions. All of which you can easily find more info on simply by searching this site with the search tool. or google.

How different is the front end on the 08's from other vehicles such as rangers and early ST's? Are there kits that could work for the front? The rear would be a different project. I may have to be creative on that one.............

How different is the front end on the 08's from other vehicles such as rangers and early ST's? Are there kits that could work for the front? The rear would be a different project. I may have to be creative on that one.............

VERY different. The only way to lift it without thousands of dollars of custom work will still cost you $650ish and is a bitch to install.

I think Chad kinda explained that above. They are very different. Since the axles go through the frame you have a very limited range of lift or lowering.

Aside from building a completely new frame and suspension system what can you do?

The front and rear end on a 2001-2005 Sport Trac is the same for all five years, and is basically the same as a late model Ranger. The 2007-2008 Sport Trac is the same as the 2002-2008 Explorer, and is very difficult to modify. You can only raise or lower either one about 1-1/2 inches without major reconstruction. There may be body lift kits (lift the body away from the frame with spacers) for the newer Sport Trac like there are for the first generation Sport Trac, but I don't know if any of us have seen them.

So the first generation (2001-2005) can all use the same parts, so if a lift kit will fit on a 2002, it will fit on a 2005. Ranger parts will mostly fit. Simple lift can be done with shackles in the rear and tightening the torsion bar bolts in the front. Superlift will raise it more for more money. Loosen torsion bar bolts in the front and install spacers in the rear to lower it.

Second generation (2007-2008) have few parts available for lifting or lowering.

Just buy 2 solid axles Ford 8.8 for the rear, and a DANA 44 or a DANA 30 for the front. Then design either a 3 or 4 linked suspension, or do an easy leaf spring system. Get new driveshafts made and then your done.

Very simple.:D

dreman so the gen 2 tracs are the same as 02 and up explorer for lifitng? i found a body lift somewhere have it saved on my other computer I'll post it when I go home later tonight for a 02 or 03 explorer i believe. I think it was a guy off of explorerforums who is making it. just wondering if that would possibly work.