Lift Kit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Pitts

Reaction score
I want to do a lift on my 04 sport trac. I already have aftermarket wheels and tires so I'm not too worried about that. What would be the best option to lift my truck about 3" or so?

First of all....:welcome:

There is a lot of information about lifts on this website about lifts if you use the search function.

To summarize, you have basically three options:

1. Torsion Twist/ Shackle Lift (Cheapest)....will get you approximately 2". Thats what I have on my 2004

2. Body Lift. A little bit more expensive, but you will get full 3"

3. Suspension Lift. The most expensive, but if you will be offroading, this is the best route to go. Will also be 3" or 4" (I think they are 4" lifts, but I could be wrong on this)

The superlift suspension lift is 4" but its questionable on how it will wear out your front end parts... I've heard mixed things from users.

Another note, a lot of the Shackle Lift people (myself included) are switching to the AAL (Add-a-Leaf) route, it will prevent the leaf packs from flattening out as bad.

The Superlift kit will actually result in less angle on the CV's than a TT-shackle lift. If you do a TT/shackle lift keep it to 2" or less. I did that on two of my older trucks and didn't have any problems. Well, ball joints but they go bad anyway. The front end components aren't that strong and don't like tires larger than 33".

There are only two suspention lift kits available for the late-model Ranger/Explorer/Sport Trac. Superlift for about $2000 and Dixon Brothers long-travel coil-over for about $4500 plus shocks plus wider fiberglass front fenders plus paint, so call it $6500. :throwup:

Basic rule of thumb is that they are cheap to lift a little and expensive to lift a lot.

JohnnyO nailed it on the head... I'm currently working on a 3" Body Lift, 4" Superlift Suspension Lift, 1.75" Torsion Twist, and the Add-a-leaf for the rear. I've got some money invested, but it's worth it to be able to run over Priuses (Prii) :grin:

Oh and good luck finding a complete superlift kit... they plan on discontinuing it in the next year according to the rep I spoke with. I called 5 different companies to piece together my kit from the remaining stock out there.