lift kit recomendations needed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rod denton

Reaction score
looking to lift my trac 4 inches any recomendations:banana:

was going to jack bolts but i thought if i do this i need to do ir right going to

It's expensive to lift our tracs 4" which is part of the reason why I haven't yet.

This should help!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231158

They sell a SuperLift 4" kit for our trucks but they cost around $2k for the basic kit, not including install. Most of us do a 3" Performance Accessories body lift, Torsion Twist (no more then 2" if 4wd, 3" if 2wd), Warrior Products lift shackles, and you can fit up to a 35" tire. If you look in the projects section there are a couple How-To build threads showing how to do these things step by step. Check out my library for pictures of my ST in it's different stages of lift starting with the TT, SL then added the BL.

Here's some pictures of mine.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
The PA 3" body lift is fairly easy with minimal hand tools. I did it in my driveway with just ramps to lift up the front end. For under $300 it's not a bad deal. It took me a long weekend to complete by myself. All i needed was help with the bed to get it back on. If you have use of a lift and power tools you could complete this in a day and a half.

Good Luck in what ever way you choose.

i did the 3" body lift with the torsion twist and shackles... here are some pics of mine from start to finish

this is what it looked like the day i bought it

[Broken External Image]:

this is after the body lift

[Broken External Image]:

and this is the completed project with BL, TT, SL and new tires

[Broken External Image]:

depending on how the truck sits on the ground i got about 5-6" of lift in all and it only costs about $400 total (which is great) if you do the body lift and shackles yourself... if not its more like $1000 total with parts and labor at a shop (which isnt bad either)

Latest posts