Lift and Tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Bell

Reaction score
I am looking at doing a torsion twist and shackle lift. What are the biggest tires i can run with zero rubbing and no trimming?

the trac is a 03 4x4

On my old '05 I ran 265/75-16's with no spacers. They rubbed a teeny bit on the rear inner fenders but not enough that I ever noticed.

They will make your rear track wider by 2.5 inches if you get the good concentric ones there will be no problems I drove it for several months with out them just slight rub on the inner fender liner in the rear on hard turns at speed nothing to worry about. I just didnt want to hear them rub, if you go any wider the will stick out of the rear wheel well quite a bit.. just make sure you torque them to 100 ft/lbs as well as the wheel lug nuts all will be good.. not a bad idea to retorque after a few days .. there are quite a few members here running them..

I was one to run the 1.25" hub centric spacers in the rear as well when I stepped up to 35s. I had no problems with them at all and really liked the stance they gave the truck. The only reason I am getting rid of them is to match the bolt pattern of the Dana 44 that's now my front axle so now I have adapters on the rear.

Latest posts