Life...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingo

Reaction score
Hi. I'm Andy and I'm a Dramaholic.

Here's what's been going on in my life if anyone is curious.

My ex-wife and I got divorced in October of 2000. We had a 13 month-old son at that time. Due to his age, and the fact that the one with the boobs pretty much always wins in GA, she got full custody and I got visitation. I was supposed to have him every other weekend and every other holiday. I was ordered to pay $550/month, which left me damn near nothing to live on, but I made it work. Visitation went fine for about 6 months, and then she started intentionally blocking it. Due to jurisdiction issues and financial constraints, there wasn't much I could do at all. I kept trying to see him, though. Until May of last year, I had seen my own son 13 times.

So... Here's where things change.

My ex-wife and her two brothers, (ages 34, 31, and 30 respectively) still live at home with mommy. Her mom's a manipulative controlling bitch that wants everyone to be completely dependent on her, and has made it happen with her own family.

In April of last year, my ex met some douche on the net and decided to take my son and go live with him. Of course, I wasn't notified at all. Well, 2 weeks into her time there, he told her that she should quit her job so that they could spend more time together (He can't keep a job 'cause he's psycho, so he lives off of lawsuit settlements where he sues everydamnbody.) She did.

He was a complete ass to my son and even went as far to discipline him with a 5-gallon paint stir stick. He grounded my son for 2 weeks, because he was awake in his bed 20 minutes after his bedtime, READING. So 2 weeks after the job thing, he told her that they'd be "so much closer" if my son weren't "in the way." She took him and all of his papers, clothes, toys, etc. and dropped him off at her mom's house with a note saying that she could no longer raise him and she wanted her mother to have custody. Keep in mind that I still knew none of this at this time.

At the end of May, the ex-MIL called me to get me to sign temporary guardianship papers so that she "could continue to raise him the right way." She said that she had already talked to a judge that would rush it through immediately if I'd sign, so that my ex-wife would never know. I said hell no and filed for full custody the next day.

Okay, I'm tired of thinking right now. I'll add volume 2 later tonight.

Bummer. Good luck with your custody. This story sounds the same as my BIL's ex. Sad, that there's people like this all over.

Now add hip surgery and med school into the mix, and you know why Dingo's not been around these parts very often in the last year or so.

Sounds like thinks are starting to get back on track for you , Andy. Glad to hear it buddy!:supercool:

Life isn't always fair and the courts are rarely fair when it comes to custody and divorce issues. Good luck Dingo. Keep up the fight. Even if you loose you will someday be able to tell your grown up son how much you tried and he will love you for it even more.

Good luck. I don't know if I could go a long time without seeing either of my two sons. Hopefully the courts will give you full custody. Hopefully you'll also get reimbursed for all the child support payments once she gave up custody.

So did you get custody or not? Or don't know yet? I'd say your MIL doesn't have standing to file for custody since you are, umm, alive.

Been through a similar deal, although mine wasn't as bad as yours.

OH Andy, I'm really sorry to hear about this mess. You pretty much got "boned" on this. But ya know, what goes around, comes around. Don't F@#% around with the MIL, have your attorney handle all communication with her and your ex. He may even be able to get a temporary injunction granting you custody. Hang in there buddy. BC :supercool:

Lawyers can be exspensive but its best to get one to make sure everything is done rite. every time my ex made threats I called lawyer and she would tell me dont worry she cant do that. the money was worth the piece of mind and that i got 50/50 split custody. best of luck

I don't know about the laws in your state but your son could be getting close to the age where the courts will listen to him when he tells them who he wants to live with. Good luck with it.

Latest posts