Libyan Sport Trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Dacher

Reaction score
[Broken External Image]:

Close, but looks like some sort of Toyota. 'Yotas are the rig of choice for the Taliban and terrorists worldwide.

I don't care for the graphics package. Looks too much like mud and dirt. I would never know when the truck needed to be washed.

On the other hand, the flag antenna is cool.

I'm betting Toyota also.

In all the videos I've seen, the Libyan "resistance" has been rockin' the Toyota.

I guess I'll give them props for using an actual (albeit tattered) flag of their cause, rather than poorly spraypainting a crude rendition of it on their truck.

Where are the rims? :grin:

Still, it has a remarkable similarity to the ST, with the angle of the shot and the selective dirt covering.

That is actually a Toyota Hilux. That is to the European market what the Ranger is to us. It is very affordable by their economy. I think they come in 2-door or 4 door versions with a N/A small diesel and also in some form of forced induction. When I was in Iraq we would see these on a daily basis. And like Johnny said, it is the choice vehicle for today's modern terrorists. I've seen these in many configurations from personnel carriers to machine gun platforms to full blown (no pun intended) VBIED rigs.

Nope, Definately a Mitsubishi L200 triton....

Although I agree with Carlos, the Taliban loves the Toyos, but this truck is North African, not middle eastern. Is this why Gary loves Toyota sooo much?!?:bwahaha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently this the vehicle of choice in African civil wars.

Ivory Coast acting up now.

As a side note, the professional clown association may have just found their next vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts