Libyan Rebels arm civie trucks with rockets & MGs (pics)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet these jury-rigged weapons are no match for the actual modern military equipment of the Libyan armed forces. If NATO hadn't played God, these rebels would have been stomped. Welding some thick steel to a Toyota/Mitsubishi truck does not mean it can duke it out with a tank.

Speaking of tanks, the article does not show any weapons which could duke it out against armor. I guess they're unnecessary after all the airstrikes?

I doubt that is the case as the Rebels are trying to rig up an anti-air missile launcher to a truck bed. Libya is in a no-fly zone, this should also be superfluous. I hope so, as I doubt the wisdom of sticking a rocket launcher designed to be mounted on aircraft to a pickup's bed.

Do these guys engage in any structured assembling procedures, like an assembly line, or are they just a rabble of gung-ho guys with welding equipment? The article doesn't seem to say, and the pictures make it seem like the latter.

I wonder what the end-game is for these Rebels were they to win...

I wouldn't be surprised if there were "militia groups" in the USA who were better equipped to wage a war.