LeverLift-II Kit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that anything like the Ready Lift Torsion Bar Keys that I bought so that the keys lift the truck without having to twist the bars and making the suspension harder :banghead:

I believe that Richard has closed the doors to the company. But he is still a member. I think his user ID is RichardL. You might be able to contact him and he can help you out. Its a great product. I've had the original Level Lift for around 8 years.

Jerry

Best bet might be to go to a local truck center and see if the struts from a fiberglass(Leer, etc.) tonneau cover can be adapted. Have thought of this, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Bob

Thanks to all,

I'll try and track Richard down. It is an excellent product, I had it on my first Trac and should have taken it off when I traded it in.

Pete

I no longer make LeverLifts and the company no longer exists. I am not selling parts nor will I reveal my source for the gas springs, nor their specs.

There is a whole lot more to the selecting the proper gas springs than just taking a pair off of another brand of tonneau cover??? The gas springs I used were based on an engineering formula that requires knowing the weight to be lifted, the center of gravity of cover, the height to be lifted, the extended and compressed gas spring length, and the angle that the spring will be mounted determines how much gas spring pressure is required to lift the cover. As little as 1/4 inch error in mounting the gas spring can mean that the gas spring cannot lift the weight. Too much pressure and you can rip the mounts out and permanently damage your cover or your truck bed.

I am recently retired, and if my finances start to go south or I run out of things to do and get bored, I might consider reviving the company. But until then the LeverLift company is closed.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
With the attitude in your e-mail, I hope your finances don't go south but if you do bring it back, at least try to be happy about it. Jeezzz........Maybe the site can put up on the homepage "Don't ever ask about leverlifts" or "Don' ever contact Richard about Leverflifts" or "Leverlift is dead".

Russ,

:eek:nline:I didn't get a bad "attitude" from Richard's reply. He gave a lot of good info in it.

Sometimes it's easy to take things the wrong way without smiley's and such to make it perfectly clear what the tone of the message is.:grin:

Russ,

I made my statement without any attitude. So if you detected one, it was all in your mind, not in what I said. I admit that I often speak very bluntly and don't sugar coat what I say, but that's the way I am. I guess that is what remains of 20 years in the Army.

You might also be suprised that I get about one email a month from someone wanting to buy a LeverLift or LeverLift parts. Some even want to know where they can buy the gas springs or what the gas spring specs are. The various LeverLift kits required different gas spring specs and that is propietary information that I will not reveal.

...Rich

Maybe you can sell Lever-Lift proprietary information for a couple of $ million to some third world company who can whip them out using child labor! Win-win for everyone! :banana:

Gavin,

Great idea. I will sell all the proprietary information about how to make LeverLift kits including all my equipment to make them in your garage, and I will only charge you 1 million since you are a member here. Once I receive your check and it clears, I will personally deliver all the equipment, and info directly to your front door. I will even stay for a week to show you how all the equipment works and insure that you are making a top quality product, worthy of the LeverLift brand name.

I'll be waiting for your check to arrive. :grin:

...Rich

I can't get children to work for $ 0.10 a day, so it won't work for me. However there is this wealthy prince from Ethiopia who might be interested. I'll send him your contact information... :rofl:

Great, I will send my Nigerian Bank manager to contact you or your Ethiopian prince to make the financial arrangements. :bwahaha:

...Rich

Latest posts