Let's see some Island Blue, I know there's a couple out there...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEAH! ISLAND BLUES RULE! IMO, that color rocks! I have an 01' with everything except the roof. I live in Dallas and there are a few in this area. Sometimes though, it seems as if there aren't that many cruising the streets here in D' town. Went to a couple of the North Texas ST Association meets and saw only a couple at differnt times. At the time I bought mine(6/01) I was told that no one wanted that color by most of the sales reps at Ford dealerships, but my persistence paid off when I went to the fleet man and ordered it just the way I wanted it, including the "I BLUE" color! Wouldn't let it go for nothing now that I have it and it is about to be paid off. If I was a betting man, I would venture to say that this color is only present in ST's of about 2 in 20 of all ST's out there. Let's say that would be about 2000 of approximately all the 200,000 ST's that have been sold? Flawed arithmetic...? Maybe so, but it is not a huge number of them out there. Too bad FORD won't give up precise numbers on the ST as an individual component of the Explorer line, it would be interesting to know some of those numbers wouldn't it!;)

I sure do miss her. I always got compliments on the color, and frequently had people ask if I had a custom paint job.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Oh No! Jerry what did you do with her? I love my IB ST, from the first time I saw that color, I was in love with it! Sales reps wanted to sell me whatever, but Iinsisted on the IB cause I thought it was rare and awesome to boot. Still get compliments and stares, and just recently got some "keyed" scratches on it from some haters somewhere it was parked. I never hog a parking spot so I know someone had a little hate in their heart for me or my ST. Oh well, I digress, I still love the look of the color!:cool:

Like Larry mentioned, I got rid of the trac and went back to an F-150. I converted the F-150 to both the Lincoln Mark LT and then did the Roush upgrades. I decided not to do the Roush supercharger and instead went with the Whipple. It should be here any day, and install is on the 7th of March. Their test truck got 394 rear wheel horsepower with everything stock and their stock tune. I can't wait!!!:cool:

Latest posts