LED Tail light question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eddie,

Can't say for certain about that flasher, but it looks like it'll work. The one I posted above from Advance Auto is the one I used, so I know for sure that it's works.

As for the bulbs, they don't have any side-firing LED's, just rear firing. So in my opinion, they're not going to be as effective. With a totally rear-firing bulb, very little light is going towards the reflector, most goes straight out the lens. You really want as much light as possibly in the reflector to fill out the tail light and make it the most visible.

I know the side/rear SMT bulbs are more expensive, but sometimes you do actually get what you pay for. I've tried both, and these are much better, and were (in my opinion) worth the extra $$$.

I've no idea if the 922 will work in the CHMSL. I have the Recon LED CHMSL from Zabteck.

I'll try to take some pictures of my rear lights this weekend and post them. I've changed the tail lights in the last year, so the ones currently in my library aren't an accurate representation.

Here's the type of LED bulbs that I used in my front turn signals. They use SMT LEDs.

ac316e130dc7476b8af2b21e0a51d931.jpg

The ones I mentioned in my earlier post just don't diffuse very well in the reflector and lens assembly of the front housings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the LEDs today and installed them with the new flasher. Works great and is bright as hell, but when you have your headlights on and you are not on the brakes, do you hear a high pitched whine/buzz coming from the LEDs?

Only does it when they aren't on all the way, just dimmed for the lights being on. The noise goes away once I hit the brakes.

Not a big deal since you can't hear it from inside the ST. Just curious.

How are you hearing this noise? Over the radio? Or at the LED itself? Not sure what you mean.:huh:

It's coming from the LED.

At the tail light

Latest posts