LED Lights for Gen 2 STs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Uhl 2

Reaction score
Has anyone retrofitted their bulbs in a Gen 2 ST? I think the Gen 2 STs (mine is a 2010 STA) have the CAN-Bus system, but am not positive. I am looking to change my tail, stop, signal and side marker bulbs to LEDs, and am leaning toward Lumen from CARid. Not sure if I need a load resistor or not for the turn signal bulbs. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

I did all those on my 2008 STA, and also license plate lights. Didn't need any modification, either. I made a list of bulb numbers from my owner's manual, then ordered from Amazon. Note: The STA fog light uses a different bulb from the standard 9006 found on other Gen 2s. After finding that out I haven't gone back to research the correct match.

Thanks a lot, for the info., Vic. I finally checked with someone at CARid, and he told me that the turn signal bulbs require a resistor, but the others do not. I probably won't change the fog light bulbs anyway, as I rarely use them.