Leather Reupholstery

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Cabrera

Reaction score
It happened...my leather seat split open and as you can see, foam.

Does anyone have any repair suggestion, or a good source for re-upholstery kit that won't cost me an arm & a leg?

Is the Explorer/Mountaineer seat the same?

Unfortunately my 2002 interior color is Prairie tan, If it were gray I could probably find one easier in a junkyard.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, that is some wear.

check e-bay for an aftermarket ford (non-oem) replacement full cover.

BTW, is that a "beat down stick" under the seat :bwahaha:

Mine looks just as bad. I called Ford and the seat foam and covers are no longer available. So if you find a source please let me know too.

Will do!

I'm looking to patch this guy up or just replace the one leather seat for now!

My eventual goal when I move out to New Mexico is to have the interior redone in microfiber.

Leather is nice but the heat there is KILLER!!

Down there I can probably have the seats custom reupholstered cheaply (or I'll take a ride to Mexico)

I would think an upholstry shop (or maybe you) could remove the cover and stitch it up. Wouldn't necessarily be pretty, but good enough to last until you're ready to replace them. Or, just buy some inexpensive seat covers and use them till your ready to replace.

I had the same issue but on the outer side. I took it to an upholstery shop and they replaced that one small section of leather and added some more foam to the seat. Cost me around $150.

Thought it was kind of costly really but it was starting to rip more and more each week so I had to do something quickly.

I was recommended these people,

they look like a fix a dent type business. I'm going to check them out if the cost is reasonable,

and I can get away with it for 3 years, that would be good enough for me since

I'll be having the Trac re upholstered to deal with the New Mexico heat.

Anybody ever tried them?