Leaking Tonneau Cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ERIK HUDSON

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to stop a leaks coming from the center section on the factory hard tonneau cover? It only leaks at the hinges and in one spot along the center. Thanks

Make sure that the 2 flaps are still attached to the cover that directs the water over the side.

The tabs the flaps attach to on mine have broken and if you open the side towards the cab they will fall out and cause the leakage your getting. I don't know if you can order a repair kit for them.

The flaps that Edge is talking about do not exist on your 2005 Sport Trac. They are little diverters that direct any water getting past the seals at the outer edges of the hinge will be directed over the bed rails. They are easily lost when the tonneau cover is removed or pop out occasionally when the cover is opened.

Covers manufactured in 2002 and later do not have the same center hinge seals and do not use those diverters. Look in my library. I have a document in there that tells you how to get your tonneau cover to seal better. It was written for people with the LeverLift or EZLift tonneau cover lift kit, but the general principles apply to covers without the lift kits.

...Rich

Latest posts