leaking in the back seat

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy Masters

Reaction score
Ok so this has happened twice in crazy rain storms and once in a car wash, I am sure it has happened when I am not in the truck too. It leaks in the back right passengers seat head rest I think it is coming from that piece of plastic trim above the back window. I have installed a sirius radio antenna through the third brake light, and I am wondering if this is the source. We just had some insane storms roll through this afternoon and after it dried out I siliconed around the brake light trim. I am hoping that this solves it but I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with water getting in in that area. It is not buckets of water or anything but maybe like a shotglass or two. Thanks, Tommy

I had this same issue... Had used the 3rd brake light to bring the wire for my sat radio. It leaked really bad even after silicone. So I replaced the light and ran the wire thru the front door and is in front of the sunroof now.

Good luck.

Whit

Yup, this issue gets reported a lot, and 9/10 times its the third brake light. Had the same issue with my '08 Adrenelin, was still under warrenty so I had the light replaced and it fixed the problem.

Latest posts